Suspect Abuse Or Neglect? Take These Steps Immediately.
Spotting unexplained or small changes in a loved one can indicate something dire. Nursing home abuse and neglect are dangerous situations.
At Rumizen Weisman Co., Ltd., we are with you every step of the way. We take Ohio abuse and neglect claims seriously and will seek justice. It is essential to take immediate steps if you see or suspect any of the following behavior:
- Weight loss
- Medication changes or issues
- Unhelpful or unwilling staff
- Lack of access to your loved one
- Unusual credit card use or financial transactions
- Changes in demeanor or behavior
- New or recurring injuries
- Unexplained falls
- Sexual assault
- Resident attacks
Immediate Steps To Take
- Call the police if it is an emergency.
- Have the police create a report of the case.
- Take photos of what you see or suspect.
- Gather evidence such as medical records or communications you had with staff.
- Talk with other residents, families or caregivers who may know about the situation.
- Speak with an attorney and provide him or her the evidence. The call to us is free of cost.
How A Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyer Can Help
Once you have a suspicion or evidence of abuse or neglect, speak with an attorney right away. At Rumizen Weisman Co., Ltd., we can help guide the process of talking with the police, raising concerns with the nursing home and filing complaints with the state.
These steps can kick off an official investigation into the matter. Your loved one needs to be moved to a safer living situation and cared for. He or she deserves protection and compensation for pain and suffering at the hands of a caretaker.
Free Consultation On Your Case
Call 216-658-5500 or use our online form to arrange a free consultation on your case. We serve Cleveland, Beachwood and all Ohio-based clients in all personal injury matters. We can help you stop the abuse today.